We don’t make a pumpkin beer and we don’t respect pumpkins. That’s why we’re holding the Great Pumpkin Smash contest to collect photos of your smashed pumpkins paired with your favorite Iron Horse Brewery beer.
Here’s how to play:
- Get a pumpkin or use your old carved up one that is going to quickly start rotting. Smash it. If your first smash isn’t that great, smash it a second time. Really get the job done.
- Photograph your smashed pumpkin next to an IHB beer.
- Post your best smashed pumpkin photo on instagram and use the hashtag: #ihbpumpkinsmash. Note your profile must be public so we can view it.
- Clean up the huge mess you made. Don’t leave it for your roommate to deal with otherwise they might put their dirty socks under your pillow. And that’s worse. Much worse.
- The entry period is everyday in October through November 2.
We will choose two weekly winners to receive a custom themed growler jug like this.
One grand prize winner will be chosen November 2 & will receive:
1 glow-in-the-dark hoodie
1 limited edition growler
$100 gift certificate for [the pub]
1 DVD of “Halloween 2”
1 DVD of “It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown”
2 Tickets to the Huffman Farms Haunted Forest & Corn Maze
2 Tickets to see Smashing Pumpkins (if they decide to start touring again)
For official rules that you’ll probably get bored reading, go to: http://ihor.se/rules.
Extra cool points awarded if you also share the video footage of you smashing it. Something like this is what we’re thinking
Or this if you’re extra motivated.