Here is an update from our previous post, #ThankASideKick, which you can read by clicking that link. Or you can ignore it, because really, it’s kind of the same thing, except worse because it’s outdated.
Do you know why Sidekicks are so great? Because they are supportive badasses that help their friends.
When we first starting discussing this idea of #ThankASidekick, we didn’t think about whether or not this was a good/bad marketing idea, but rather because it invoked in us an amusing/nostalgic feeling of happiness for these great tv shows we used to watch as kids. And we generally try to do things that are entertaining to us, first, then think about how much of a bad idea it is second.
Sometimes bad ideas are also good ideas, and it seems like the internet feels the same way. See this picture says so.
We probably spent a good 40 minutes riffing on some of our favorite sidekicks and started with these three greats.
Six, from the show Blossom, played by Jenna Von Oy @jennavonoy
Paul, from the show The Wonder Years, played by Josh Saviano @joshsaviano
Kimmy, from the show Full House, played by Andrea Barber @andreabarber
These three have willingly accepted our offer of beer, and we thank them for being not only amazing sidekicks, but great sports in our effort to relive our youth via twitter. Also, it’s beer, so we kinda figured it’s hard to say no to.
So, now that we are being rewarded for our haphazard-like behavior, it’s time to thank as many sidekicks as we can because, really, we all wish we had one. We’ve got our list, (see below) and we’ve got our hashtag ( #ThankASidekick ) so let’s start thanking. Use our list or thank your own. Either way they brought us joy so we might as well blow up their twitter feed with genuine thanks.
note: we realize we left off some popular shows like Saved by the Bell and Beverly Hills 90210. We’ll get to them. Don’t you worry.
Our Not Complete, But Good Start TV Show Sidekick List
- Andrea Barber, @andreabarber Kimmy Gibbler from Full House [thanked and beer on its way]
- Josh Saviano, @joshsaviano Paul from the Wonder Years – [thanked and beer on its way]
- Jenna Von Oy, @Jennavonoy Six from Blossom – [thanked and beer on its way]
- Shawn Harrison, @STFULoveShawn Waldo from Family Matters
- Marc Price, @SkippyTies Skippy from Family Ties
- Jeffrey A. Townes, @djjazzyjeff215 Jazzy Jeff from Fresh Prince of Bel Air
- Soleil Moon Frye – @moonfrye – Punky Brewster – not a sidekick, but I don’t care. She’s on the list.
- Tiffany Brissette – Vicki the Robot from Small Wonder Twitter account? Anyone?
- Rider Strong – @RiderStrong Shawn Hunter from Boy Meets World
- Danny Cooksey @dannycooksey – he was on Diff’rent Strokes and he had an amazing Mullet on Salute your Shorts
- Bronson Pinchot @bronsonAP – Balki on Perfect Strangers
- Kellie Martin @Kellie_Martin – Life Goes On – not really a sidekick either, but still. Kellie F’n Martin.
- LeVar Burton @levarburton – We don’t need to justify ourselves to you. This speaks for itself.
- Ben Jones Cooter from Dukes of Hazard. The nicest guy. Does he have a twitter account?
- Devon Gummersall @devongummersall Brian Krakow on My So Called Life
- James M Tyler @JamesMTyler Gunther from Friends
- Betty White @BettyMWhite – I hear she is quite popular now.
So, what does any of this have to do with The Craft Beer industry or Iron Horse Brewery?
Not a damn thing.
[ you’re welcome ]